First Alert 2054F Fire and Theft Combination Safe
The First Alert 2054F fire safe's anti-theft features include steel construction, heavy duty steel hinges, 2 solid steel bolts and mounting hardware for bolting to the floor. The fire safe's 4-number dial combination lock provides a high level of security. The combination lock is designed to be used in conjunction with the entry key: the entry key operates the safe's live bolt after the combination is entered into the dial lock. The entry key can be left in the keyhole using only the combination lock to secure the door, or it can be removed for an extra level of security. Two entry keys included. This First Alert .80 Cu. Ft. Fire Theft Combination Safe is UL classified fire safe tested to withstand an external temperature of 1700 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour while maintaining an internal temperature of less than 350 degrees.
- Dual Access Combo / Key Lock with Emergency Override Key.
- Heavy duty steel hinges.
- 2 locking door bolts.
- 1 Removable/Adjustable Shelf and Mounting hardware included.
- UL classified media protection device tested to withstand an external temperature up to 1700 degrees for 1 hour.
- 5 year limited warranty, with lifetime after fire replacement guarantee.
- Interior Dimensions(HxWxD): 14 in. x 10.88 in. x 9 in.
- Exterior Dimensions(HxWxD): 17.25 in. x 13.25 in. x 13.88 in.
- Weight: 59 lbs.
Q: How can I replace the keys or get the combination to my safe?
If you misplaced your keys, or forgot the combination to your safe, please fill out the Combination/Key Request Form
, have it notarized and submit the completed form via email, mail, or fax. Contact information may be found on the form.
Q: Where do I find the serial number for my safe?
A: On the bottom right hand corner on the front of the safe or the right wall on the outside of the safe. It is located on a silver sticker (usually 6-10 digits).
Q: The dial on my First Alert safe won't make a complete rotation, what's wrong?
A: There may be a plastic pin inside the safe that holds the dial in place during shipping. Simply turn the dial hard, forcing the plastic pin to break off and the dial will spin freely. If this does not work, spray some WD40 around the dial. If you are still experiencing issues, contact Consumer Affairs at 1-800-323-9005 for further assistance.
Q: The door to my First Alert safe is stuck, what should I do?
This may happen if the bars do not disengage fully. You can try one of the following:
- Insert your override key (the one with the square top) and while turning the key take a flathead screwdriver and insert it in the crack of the door and slowly pry it open.
- Another method is to lay your First Alert safe on the right hand side and using the over ride key open the door.
Q: Where can I find the key number?
- Engraved on the key itself.
- Engraved on the lock cylinder.
- Engraved underneath the black plastic cap that says digital electronic safes.
- The silver sticker on the bottom right hand corner of the Anti-Theft Safes.
- On the key cover.
Q: My key is not broken, but it does not work in the safe. What should I do?
It may be possible that some debris/dust is caught in the lock of your unit. Please try the following:
- Check the engraved key number and verify it matches the engraved letter on the key cylinder.
- Spray WD-40 oil in the lock.
- Tap it lightly with a hammer.
- Try the key again. If the key still does not work please contact Consumer Affairs at 1-800-323-9005 for more information.
Q: My safe is under warranty and it appears to be defective. How do I get a replacement?
A: If your First Alert Safe fails to operate because of a manufacturing defect, any time up to five (5) years from the date of original purchase, we will, at our discretion, repair or replace the unit at no charge to the original owner provided you return the product, shipping prepaid, to First Alert. You should contact Consumer Affairs Department at 1-800-323-9005 for prior authorization in advance and they will direct you on what steps to follow.