First Alert Mold Test Kit
Mold causes health problems such as chronic sinus, respiratory infection and asthma. First Alert Mold Test Kits are for those interested in knowing if their home or workplace includes toxic mold. The kit can safely and accurately identify various types of molds. This kit includes: test strips, bags for samples and instructions. Please mail sample to lab. There is a lab analysis fee per sample.
Check Your Home for Mold
Mold is capable of growing in damp places, behind walls, under floors, above ceiling tiles and behind shower walls. Mold feeds on wet cellulose material such as wood, ceiling tiles and plasterboard. It’s also capable of gathering inside air-conditioning and heating systems. Water is essential for mold to spread. When water is left unattended for even 24 hours, common molds are capable of forming. An even more dangerous version of mold can spread if water is left unattended in a completely saturated area.
Lab Analysis from NIOSH Certified Lab
Lab analysis of $10 per bulk sample submitted will specify the type of mold growth. Preprinted envelops are included to ship your samples to Cardinal Laboratories in Beaumont, TX. You will receive your results in five to seven days.
- Newer homes are more susceptible to mold problems in comparison to older homes. A bad leak in either home anywhere in the country can cause mold problems.
- Recent studies have also linked molds to the tripling of an asthma rate over the past 20 years.
- Common molds cause health problems, including chronic sinus and respiratory infections and asthma.
Lethal molds that produce airborne toxins, mycotoxins, can cause:
- Serious breathing difficulties.
- Memory and hearing loss.
- Flulike symptoms.
- Bleeding in the lungs.
Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can cause:
- Chronic fatigue.
- Loss of balance.
- Memory loss.
- Difficulty speaking.
First Alert Mold Test Kit MT1
How to protect your home from unhealthful molds:
- Keep water out and fix any leaks within 24 hours.
- Be on the lookout for discoloration of walls, ceiling, or anything made of wood or paper. Mold growth can be almost any color: white, black, green, fluorescent.
- Look behind cabinets or pictures on cold outside walls, where condensation can occur. Keep furniture away from outside walls.
- Check around air handling units (air conditioners, furnaces) for stagnant water. Keep these units serviced with regular cleaning of ducts and air filters.
- Be aware of odors. Mildew has been described as pungent, or "aromatic".
- Know the symptoms of mold-related illness, which can range from chronic sinus infections and asthma to nosebleeds, extreme fatigue, severe headaches, dizziness, rashes and central nervous system problems. Do the symptoms get better when you go on vacation and worse when you come home?
- Use a Mold Test Kit to check for mold in your home. Mold testing by certified professional organizations costs $200-$500.
- Should your home Mold Test Kit test positive, contact a professional mold removal company.
- Mold Kit contains all test materials, manual, and preprinted return envelope
- Mold analysis completed by NIOSH certified lab
- Made in the USA
Q: What is mold?
A: Molds are microscopic fungi that exist almost everywhere. To thrive, mold only requires moisture and a food source. It can enter your home through open doorways, leaks, HVAC systems or even clothes. Once mold is introduced into the home and finds a suitable food source, it will continue to colonize and spread until the spores are eradicated.
Q: Why should I be concerned about mold?
A: According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) six varieties of mold are common and three can produce toxins harmful to humans.
Spores easily spread through the air, acting like seeds forming new colonies under the right conditions. they act as irritants and can produce such symptoms as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal stuffiness and other similar allergic reactions. Individuals sensitive to mold may also experience fever, shortness of breath and wheezing. Some people with chronic illnesses such as obtrusive lung diseases may develop mold infection in their lungs.
Q: How do i identify mold in my home?
A: Discoloration is a sign of mold. However, all discoloration is not due to mold. Carpeting near baseboards, for example, can be stained by outdoor pollution entering the home. Stains or soot may also be caused by the smoke from burning candles or cigarettes. Mold may be any color: black, white, red, orange, yellow, blue or violet. Our mold test kit is an extremely cost-effective method to test suspicious spots or discolorations to determine whether or not they are mold.
Q: How long does it take to get results back on the mold test?
A: Results will be mailed back to you within 5-7 business days.
Q: How many locations can I test with the mold test kit?
A: You can test up to 9 locations with one mold test kit.
If you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request
to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
We make it as easy as possible to ensure you get the lowest prices available:
Send A Request Now
- Let us know what products & the quantities you are interested in.
- Get a detailed quote from a dedicated sales rep.
- Our warehouse ships directly to you.
- You enjoy the savings & are now a preferred customer.
Direct From Warehouse Pricing