First Alert Mold Test Kit
Mold causes health problems, including chronic sinus and respiratory infections and asthma. This mold test kit is for you if you want to know if your home or workplace is affected by toxic mold. Mold Test Kid safely and accurately tests for and identifies various types of molds in the home or workplace. Mold test kit includes test strips, bags for samples, and instructions. Mail samples to lab; lab analysis fee per sample.
Molds usually grow in damp places, behind walls and under floors, above ceiling tiles or behind shower walls -- wherever there are wet cellulose materials they can feed on, such as wood, ceiling tiles, plasterboard, or accumulations of organic material inside air-conditioning and heating systems. Water is the key. Without it, molds can't get started, much less spread. When water is left to sit for even 24 hours, common molds can take hold. If water continues to sit and areas become completely saturated, that's when a more lethal mold can move in.Mold FAQs:
Lethal molds that produce airborne toxins, mycotoxins, can cause:
- New houses are more prone to mold problems than older houses, but a bad leak in any house anywhere in the country can cause a mold problem if not properly taken care of.
- A 1999 Mayo Clinic study pegged nearly all the chronic sinus infections afflicting 37 million Americans to molds.
Recent studies also have linked molds to the tripling of the asthma rate over the past 20 years.
- Common molds cause health problems, including chronic sinus and respiratory infections and asthma.
Prolonged exposure to mycotoxins can cause:
- Serious breathing difficulties.
- Memory and hearing loss.
- Flulike symptoms.
- Bleeding in the lungs.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Loss of balance.
- Memory loss.
- Difficulty speaking.
First Alert Mold Test Kit MT1
How to protect your home from unhealthful molds:
- Keep water out and fix any leaks within 24 hours.
- Be on the lookout for discoloration of walls, ceiling, or anything made of wood or paper. Mold growth can be almost any color: white, black, green, fluorescent.
Look behind cabinets or pictures on cold outside walls, where condensation can occur. Keep furniture away from outside walls.
- Check around air handling units (air conditioners, furnaces) for stagnant water. Keep these units serviced with regular cleaning of ducts and air filters.
- Be aware of odors. Mildew has been described as pungent, or "aromatic".
- Know the symptoms of mold-related illness, which can range from chronic sinus infections and asthma to nosebleeds, extreme fatigue, severe headaches, dizziness, rashes and central nervous system problems. Do the symptoms get better when you go on vacation and worse when you come home?
- Use a Mold Test Kit to check for mold in your home. Mold testing by certified professional organizations costs $200-$500.
- Should your home Mold Test Kit test positive, contact a professional mold removal company.
- Made in USA
Q: What is mold?
A: Molds are microscopic fungi that exist almost everywhere. To thrive, mold only requires moisture and a food source. It can enter your home through open doorways, leaks, HVAC systems or even clothes. Once mold is introduced into the home and finds a suitable food source, it will continue to colonize and spread until the spores are eradicated.
Q: Why should I be concerned about mold?
A: According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) six varieties of mold are common and three can produce toxins harmful to humans.
Spores easily spread through the air, acting like seeds forming new colonies under the right conditions. they act as irritants and can produce such symptoms as sneezing, watery eyes, nasal stuffiness and other similar allergic reactions. Individuals sensitive to mold may also experience fever, shortness of breath and wheezing. Some people with chronic illnesses such as obtrusive lung diseases may develop mold infection in their lungs.
Q: How do i identify mold in my home?
A: Discoloration is a sign of mold. However, all discoloration is not due to mold. Carpeting near baseboards, for example, can be stained by outdoor pollution entering the home. Stains or soot may also be caused by the smoke from burning candles or cigarettes. Mold may be any color: black, white, red, orange, yellow, blue or violet. Our mold test kit is an extremely cost-effective method to test suspicious spots or discolorations to determine whether or not they are mold.
Q: How long does it take to get results back on the mold test?
A: Results will be mailed back to you within 5-7 business days.
Q: How many locations can I test with the mold test kit?
A: You can test up to 9 locations with one mold test kit.
Ordering a large quantity? Click the image below to
send a bulk order request
to our friendly sales staff who can
create a quote and provide personal service for your order! Enter the information requested below and our sales staff
will respond in 1-2 business days. (Monday through Friday 8am-5pm CST)
Please include as much detail as possible with your request:
- Item(s) of interest.
Purchase Time Frame.